Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So Far

O-kay well so far people are taking for granted what I have to say simply because of my age. So far I have encountered 3 people who think I should stop focusing on these "pipe dreams".But I WONT! I CAN NOT be defeated because my generation is being attaked like never before. By pregnacy, aids, drugs, and even dare i say it prison. My father was incarcerated at the prime ages in my life but that doesnt give me the right to go hold up a coner store or get knocked up by some guy i barley even know does it? Im sick of people [espicially grown one's] blaming their circumstance while they were young for where they are at in life. Im also sick of seeing girls at my school pregnant or getting abortions because they made the stupid choice of laying with some stupid guy. Why can't everyone just love themselves the way I love me? That's a question I ask myself often. Teens these days are on a path of destruction. I want to at least try to be a mediator but no one feels what I have to say is that important hunh? It used to be easier when I was little and didn't care about anything but candy and Christmas. But now im faced with all these issues that torment my mind because i want to make a dern difference. Sometimes I ask God why couldn't he have chosen someone else to care as much I do for our future. Though im only fourteen why do I have to keep reminding people that i have the insight, wisdom, courage, and intellegence of one way surpass my age. But with that also comes a battle. Espcially with black people at my school sometimes they don't even understand what im talking about. Or ask me "why you talking like you white?". What's my response you ask. Well what i want to tell them is because all these crappy butt statistics say that we are illiterate pigs that will probabley be on welfare the rest of our lives and I want to at least talk like I got some dern since. But i just smile and end up sayin something like "haha bruh i wuz juss playin wit yo black a**". Is this the only way I can communicate with my the black youth? While all these other teens are caught up in fashion, music, and clothes yea I like them too but i see far pass all materlistic things and want my generations innner man to be correct first. Is that so wrong?

1 comment: